Everything you need to know about the roles of an SEO consultant
- Everything you need to know about the roles of an SEO consultant
- 1. What is an SEO consultant?
- 2. Why do you need an SEO consultant?
- 2.1 On-page SEO
- 2.2 Off-page SEO
- 2.3 Social media optimisation
- 3. Signs that you need an SEO consultant
- 3.1 Your site traffic is not growing
- 3.2 You have been affected by a Google algorithm update
- 3.3 Your in-house SEO team is ineffective
- 3.4 You need white label SEO expertise
- 4. What does an SEO consultant do?
- 4.1 Rigorous SEO audit
- 4.2 Help with keyword research
- 4.3 Help with competitor research
- 4.4 Keep abreast of the industry trends
- 4.5 Optimise local SEO and schema markup
- 4.6 Ensure an SEO-optimized website
- 4.7 Create compelling content for the site
1- What is an SEO consultant?
An SEO consultant is a person who employs search engine optimisation, a digital marketing technique that can be used to boost the visibility of a website in search engine results. If you want to use SEO to promote your website, recruiting a white label SEO consultant could be the best decision for your business.
An SEO consulting expert offers a variety of services to clients. He will help diverse organisations. They span from startups to large-scale established businesses that have been in the search engine game for years.
These services offered by SEO consultants are specialised. They can range from keyword research, and technical SEO audits to developing social media campaigns and content strategies.
This post is all about the various roles and responsibilities carried out by an SEO consultant.
2- Why do you need an SEO consultant?
You may have some SEO strategies in place for your brand online. But the field is vast, and there are different aspects within SEO.
2.1- On-page SEO
On-page SEO means optimising a website’s content so that it gets the highest indexing and ranking in search engine results. Depending on the type of website, on-page SEO could mean various strategies. They include aspects such as writing relevant content, structuring a news feed, creating keyword-rich meta descriptions and titles, and other technical aspects.
2.2- Off-page SEO
In terms of digital marketing, off-page SEO is the process of optimising a website so that it is more likely to be linked to other websites. This is done through backlinks. Backlinks are links that point back to your website. SEO consultants will be able to implement the right kind of backlinks that will boost your visibility and ranking.
The goal is to get your site well-liked by other related sites. This way, your website gets quality backlinks related to your niche. This translates to more attention from search engines like Google and Bing.
2.3- Social media optimisation
SMO or social media optimisation is the process of optimising a brand’s social media presence so that it receives the highest indexing and ranking in search engines like Google. This is not an easy task, especially because some search engines do not even have an option for social media. You will need to create an effective plan and build up a strong social media presence. This way, your business will receive more traffic from search engines.
These different and diverse areas need to work together in tandem in order to give the organic search traction your business may be looking for.
This is exactly where an SEO consulting expert adds phenomenal business value.
Having a white-label SEO consultant optimises all these efforts. Your profit will increase by having the right on and off page SEO strategies in place. The key is to optimise your budget and time. It’s best to work with an expert when you don’t have the time or money to spend on managing all aspects of your site optimisation.
If you need to optimise your current website for SEO purposes, an SEO consultant will show you how. They will be able to make suggestions and provide recommendations for how to reach top positions for various keywords on your website.
3- Signs that you need an SEO consultant
3.1- Your site traffic is not growing
If your website traffic is not growing, that means that your site is not being found by potential customers on the Internet. Search engines will not rank a site unless there are visitors. If you do not have enough visitors, then you cannot expect to receive optimum traffic for your site.
3.2- You have been affected by a Google algorithm update
It is common to be affected by a Google or Bing algorithm update. There is a chance that you may be penalised due to the ranking update. It is extremely difficult to get out of the negative impact of such penalties.
3.3- Your in-house SEO team is ineffective
It is possible that your in-house SEO team is not performing well. If you have been employing them for a while, and they are not able to bring any significant growth to your business, then it might be time to replace them with an SEO consulting expert. They will help identify gaps in performance and give leading indicators on how to boost the SEO team’s efficiency.
3.4- You need white label SEO expertise
If your business goals include expanding internationally, partnering with large companies or growing your presence, you need an internal SEO consultant that can help you achieve this. The right consultant will be able to boost your online visibility and help you leverage the power of the web globally.
4- What does an SEO consultant do?
4.1- Rigorous SEO audit
A thorough SEO audit is the first step to improving your visibility in search engines. An in-depth analysis will help you understand the current state of your content and determine how it can be improved. This can be achieved through a number of processes depending on the scope of your site and goal.
The best SEO company in Canada will:
- Assess Google Indexing Status,
- Examine various stats around site traffic
- Scrutinise well-configured HTML code
- Assess how well the site abides by Moz’s Domain Authority Factors
- Examine content assets of the site
4.2- Help with keyword research
The SEO expert in Canada will make suggestions for improving the keyword profile of the website. This could include adding new keywords that will help improve your existing organic traffic and reach new potential customers.
The professional SEO company will help in the below areas
- Carry out keyword discovery
- Targeting head keywords and long tail keywords
- Implement keyword prominence
- Add keywords in a strategic place (meta tags, H1 tags, the introduction of content etc.)
4.3- Help with competitor research
The SEO marketing agency will also help you understand how your competitors are performing and offer recommendations on how to outrank them. This way, you need not recreate the wheel for your brand. Instead, you can look at well-performing brands in your own niche and sew what makes them better in terms of organic rankings. Some of the steps in SEO consulting services at this stage include:
- Analyse competitor websites to understand their strong points and identify gaps in your own SEO strategy
- Assess where they get most of their audience impressions from. This will give a leading indicator of what segments of your target audience to go after so that your SEO campaigns yield maximum results.
- Examine the backlink profile to get an idea about which third-party sites to target in order to get a rankings boost
- Use tools like Ahrefs and SEMrush to find out more intel on the competitors who are doing well on organic searches.
4.4- Keep abreast of the industry trends
SEO consultants will provide the brand with all implementations that abide by the latest industry trends. This way, they ensure that your website has the maximum likelihood of ranking high on SERPs. They will update the content and do the on-page optimisation that complies with the latest Google algorithm update. As a result, your site will rank high on the search results and give your brand the much-needed impetus in getting the eyeballs of the people who matter the most to you – i.e. your target audience online. They take care of many points like:
- Knowing the various changes around RankBrain, Google Helpful Content update, and Panda/Penguin updates
- Follow industry leaders like Moz, Search Engine Land, and Hubspot to know what will work in the SEO landscape
- Update content and links to ensure that your site is aligned to the latest algorithm updates
4.5- Optimise local SEO and schema markup
Hiring an SEO consulting expert is ideal to ensure that the technical SEO aspect is covered well. The local SEO consultant will take care of the local SEO implementation and get the schema markups optimised in order to propel the site on the first few positions of the SERP for targeted search terms. The various activities carried out by the best SEO company in Canada include –
- Create and configure the Google My Business profile with verified and precise information about name, address, working hours, and contact details
- Ensure precise Google map listing with correct coordinates
- Set up a precise Google NAP profile (name, address, phone)
- Promote the brand on popular local city pages as well as on global sites like Foursquare, Yelp, and TripAdvisor.
- Get valuable reviews on credible sites like Trustpilot and Google Reviews
- Implement local schema markup as well as microdata structured data
4.6- Ensure an SEO-optimized website
The SEO consultants in Canada will take steps to elevate the SEO friendliness of the website. When Google bots crawl through the links, they will consider your site highly valuable and relevant to specific search terms. This way, you will stand a high chance of being ranked on the first page of search results.
The SEO expert will take care of the below points
- Ensure that the content abides by the 2022 Google Helpful Content update with informative content not covered anywhere else.
- Work towards content creation meant for people first and Google second. The people-first priority will impress Google bots and improve your rankings.
- Identify and resolve any technical SEO issues that may be having an impact on your search rankings improvement efforts
- Ensure that the site is not shitting out the crawl and index robots
4.7- Create compelling content for the site
Content is the medium through which the white label SEO consultant will talk to its intended audience. If the message is crisp, engaging, and to the point, it will have a better chance of impressing the readers. The SEO consultants will ensure the below points to let the content work its magic.
- They identify who they are writing for by designing buyer persona
- Identify the search intent of the specific buyer persona and then create content accordingly
- Take care of optimising the meta tags (H1, content introduction, subheadings) for the primary keywords.
- Write in a conversational language that has a high readability score of around 60+
- Optimise the content for voice search and mobile search
- Keep pushing fresh and original content regularly so that Google bots can crawl and rank the pages higher
- Use of proper whitespaces, images, and lists to ensure proper readability
- Avoid keyword stuffing to prevent any likelihood of Google algorithm penalty
- Make content first for readers and then for search engines.
Search engine optimisation is a complex task. But the outcomes are too significant to ignore. When business owners earn natural site traffic, they are able to add traction to their lead engagement initiatives. More and more site visitors ensure amazing engagement.
With a high degree of visibility, your target customers will visit your site rather than visiting your competitor’s website.
More website clicks and better quality (and volume) of site traffic lead to an enhanced conversion rate.
But since SEO is complex, there is a chance that your in-house team (or you as a standalone SEO in-charge) may not be doing it as effectively as your want it to be.
This is why you need a Kelowna SEO consultant to come in. He will be able to plug in the gaps in SEO implementation with this wide industry experience. He will also offer expert advice and guidance that drive better site traffic. With the actionable tasks and recommendations offered by SEO consultants, you will be at a significant advantage online.