Why your start-up needs digital marketing?
- Why your start-up needs digital marketing?
- 1. What is digital marketing?
- 2. What do statistics say about digital marketing?
- 3. Why is digital marketing critical for start-ups?
- 4. What are the advantages of digital marketing for a start-up?
- 4.1 Digital marketing helps you stay competitive online
- 4.2 Digital marketing involves low-cost options
- 4.3 ROI on digital marketing is the best
- 4.4 They add value to multiple channels
- 4.5 They help with a global coverage
- 4.6 They help track measurable results
- 4.7 They are a reliable way to reach out to customers
- 4.8 They build your industry authority online
- 5. How to pick the right digital marketing company in Canada?
- 5.1 First, choose your objective and goals
- 5.2 Get the expertise you need
- 5.3 Ask for their portfolio and success stories
- 5.4 Do they have experience in your specific industry?
- 5.5 Check if they offer comprehensive in-house digital marketing services
Why your start-up needs digital marketing?
1- What is digital marketing?
Digital marketing is an umbrella term used to describe a wide range of actions taken by a Kelowna SEO expert. They include options such as SEO, PPC, social media advertising, and email marketing.
The white label SEO company will use these strategies to promote their client brand and their offerings over the internet and other digital media channels.
In essence, it’s a tactic that involves using online tools and resources for marketing purposes.
2- What do statistics say about digital marketing?
According to Statistic, online ad spending in Canada reached $12.3 billion in 2022. This makes it one of the biggest ad markets worldwide. In 2017, Canadian online ad spend was almost half of it at $6.77 billion.
This number has grown at a rapid pace from 2017 to 2022. The traction speaks volumes about the immense credibility of digital marketing to help sway customer purchase decisions in favour of targeted brands.
3- Why is digital marketing critical for start-ups?
Digital marketing is one of the most cost-effective and scalable ways for companies to generate leads, increase brand awareness and boost sales. Consider the following TechJury statistics:
- Digital ads can elevate brand awareness by 80%.
- Consumers are 155% more likely to want to know more about brand-specific terms after they’ve seen display ads for your brand.
- Customers are 70% more likely to make a purchase from a retargeting ad.
These numbers provide ample proof of the amazing ROI offered by digital marketing campaigns. This is especially true for start-ups that are bootstrapped and rely on maximum returns for every dollar invested in efforts like digital marketing. They will be attracted to the proposition of the ROI appeal of various strategies as shown below –
- Email marketing returns $36 for every $1 spent.
- PPC returns $2 for every $1 spent—a 200% ROI
- 53% of all web traffic comes from organic searches (via SEO)
Do you need more compelling reasons to go for digital marketing services for start-ups? Then read the below section.
4- What are the advantages of digital marketing for a start-up?
4.1- Digital marketing helps you stay competitive online
With more than one billion Internet users, it’s no wonder that over half of the world’s population engages in digital media. It is the most effective means through which brands can reach out to their target audience.
This is especially true for start-ups who are looking to gain an edge with their limited resources.
Many start-ups don’t have the marketing budgets and manpower to invest in the kind of digital marketing strategies that could be employed. But with low-cost digital marketing, they get the impetus to stay relevant and compete with bigger names in their industry.
4.2- Digital marketing involves low-cost options
Many start-ups can afford only a fraction of the budget required for traditional advertising channels like TV screens and billboards. However, digital marketing offers affordable and cost-effective ways to market your brand.
It provides start-ups with a level playing field. This way, they can effectively compete with larger companies and still maintain a position of relevance. This way, techniques like SEO, PPC, and SMO help start-ups to create an impact online and pull customers their way.
4.3- ROI on digital marketing is the best
Digital marketing helps start-ups get the best ROI for their business needs. There are various types of digital marketing, including email marketing, social media advertising, PPC and others. However, the expense for these channels is minimal as compared to other traditional advertising channels like TV or billboards.
As a result, start-ups don’t need to put aside a huge chunk of their capital towards marketing.
They can get high ROI on minimal investments in digital marketing. There is an interesting reason for this. Your target customers are already online. If you focus your marketing efforts in areas where people already spend their time online, this action will result in higher-quality leads for your website.
4.4- They add value to multiple channels
Be it search results, social media, or emails, marketers may leverage various channels to build engagement and attract leads to their websites. The good news is that digital marketing helps you to gain more from a multi-channel marketing strategy.
You can then deploy targeted campaigns for each channel. You also get access to critical data from these channels. This way, you know which one is performing better than others, and it helps you allocate budgets and resources accordingly.
4.5- They help with a global coverage
Digital marketing helps start-ups to establish a strong presence in their local as well as global market. We live in a world where almost every country has its own set of digital marketing requirements and preferences. Therefore, it is best for start-ups to adopt a ‘go global’ strategy where they can leverage digital channels to improve their market share in other countries.
Start-ups can take the best advantage of their digital marketing strategies by creating localized websites, optimizing them for the local markets and promoting themselves effectively.
They can also use social media channels like Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to promote their global offerings to targeted audiences or regions. This way, they don’t just improve brand visibility but also increase sales.
4.6- They help track measurable results
Tracking campaign performance in digital marketing is easy. You can utilize tools like Google Analytics Tools to measure key metrics like –
- Number of users and sessions: For instance, if you have 100 users and 300 sessions, it’s reasonable to infer that each user visited the site three times on average during the queried time period.
- Average session duration: It is the average amount of time a user spends on the site in a single session
- Average pages per session: It shows the average number of pages seen by a user in a single session on your website.
- Bounce Rate: It is the percentage of users who visit only one page on a site before they drop out of the website
- Organic vs paid sessions: It indicates how many users came from organic searches (i.e., from organic search results) and how many came from an ad placed above organic searches via PPC campaigns.
Such metrics give a clear indicator of how well the campaign is progressing. You can hold accountability for the experts in digital marketing services.
4.7- They are a reliable way to reach out to customers
Digital marketing helps start-ups create a direct channel for communication with their customers. It is not necessary for them to go through an agency or other intermediaries who could lessen the directness of the communication.
This helps start-ups have better control over their messaging and even content marketing initiatives. They can also learn about customer behaviour and preferences in detail, helping them in planning their future strategy.
4.8- They build your industry authority online
An emerging start-up can help build its industry authority online. Digital marketing offers start-ups an avenue to showcase their products, services, and offerings. Building up its internet fame is not a difficult task if the brand has capable digital marketing experts to partner with.
They will ensure high-quality, non spammy backlinks that your audience loves relating to. They push articulate and informative content around your industry to help build your perception as an industry authority in your field.
When this is done over the long term, your prospective customers will start building trust in you. The leads will not mind spending more time on your website consuming the original and fresh content put up there. The end result is that when they are ready for purchase (or subscription), they will remember your brand and not your rival brand.
And since digital marketing generates huge returns, it is a highly profitable business as well.
5- How to pick the right digital marketing company in Canada?
As a start-up, these benefits speak directly to you. They show that your company needs to invest in digital marketing strategies to ensure long-term success. The good news is that digital marketing can be incredibly inexpensive for start-ups. However, this doesn’t mean that you should embark on a digital marketing journey unprepared.
Check these vital tips to select the ideal expert in digital marketing services.
5.1- First, choose your objective and goals
What will the digital marketing company do for you? If you are starting a business, you need to know why and how this campaign is needed. Know exactly where you want your business to be in 10 years from now. This insight will help you evaluate your goals, decision-making process, and hiring needs.
This will be the first step to carry out before you start evaluating options for picking a digital marketing agency in Canada.
5.2- Get the expertise you need
Your business should seek out a solid digital marketing agency for your needs. This agency should have at least 10 years of experience in digital marketing services. They should also be willing to work on various businesses so they are flexible in the ways they can provide solutions for a start-up’s requirements.
Here are some examples:
- A company that is specialized in search engine optimization, ad management and social media management will be helpful when it comes to operating an online store or social media platforms.
- A company that is specialized in analytics and website development will be helpful if you want to build your own website.
- A company that is specialized in copywriting and email marketing will be helpful when it comes to branding or content generation for email marketing campaigns.
No matter what type of digital marketing strategy you have in mind, make sure to find a brand that can deliver the expertise required for your online business!
5.3- Ask for their portfolio and success stories
Before hiring an agency, you should ask for their portfolio and success stories. Examine them for the following:
- Will the agency be able to deliver what it has promised initially?
- Can they deliver a customized solution that will work well with your company?
- Will their existing clients be able to provide a testimonial about why they chose them in the first place?
Additionally, you should ask this agency for examples of their past projects.
5.4- Do they have experience in your specific industry?
If they have success stories in your own industry, it will be a definite plus point in your selection process. They will know what has worked in the past for similar businesses as yours. They know what potential obstacles can put your campaigns off-track so that they are better ready this time.
You should choose a digital marketing agency that has proven experience with start-ups. They will be well-positioned to offer advice on not just marketing but also business fundamentals that are crucial for your company’s success.
5.5- Check if they offer comprehensive in-house digital marketing services
Some digital marketing agencies may have an in-house team, but most often, the work is done by freelancers. They will have a pool of options to choose from, and you will end up with a wide variety of experts for your specific needs.
It will be ideal if this agency has a team of SEO, PPC management, content writers, social media specialists and web developers. You can get all under one roof so that you are able to save money being spread across multiple freelancers.
Such end-to-end services will help your digital marketing earn better yields with tactical campaign planning and deployment. You can be assured of maximum outreach using a multi-channel strategy rather than just one single channel as targeted by freelancers or individual SEO experts.
To sum up
When it comes to pushing your brand online, just ‘being there’ is not enough. You need to stand apart from your competitors. This way, your target customers will sit up and take notice of your brand.
Strategic digital marketing helps meet this goal admirably.
When you have a white label SEO company in Kelowna powering your online presence, you can be sure of better eyeballs on your site and a higher likelihood of conversions.
Digital marketing can be an inexpensive way for start-ups to get their businesses going. Contact SEO Resellers to know how we can help in this area.