How SEO & PPC Keyword Strategies Can Boost Your Marketing ROI?
- How SEO & PPC Keyword Strategies Can Boost Your Marketing ROI?
- Why PPC and SEO, and not PPC Vs. SEO?
- 1. Optimize your digital marketing budget
- 2. Win product categories in both organic and paid search results
- 3. Scale content easily and accommodate new opportunities
- Six ways to improve your marketing ROI by making SEO and PPC work together
- 1. Eliminate the trap of paid keywords
- 2. Leverage your best-performing descriptions and headlines with PPC insights
- 3. Optimize the landing page to yield the benefits of both SEO and PPC
- 4. Achieve SERP domination beyond Google
- 5. Track the buyer’s journey to unveil hidden keywords
- 6. Employ audience insights to clarify and test the messages
How SEO & PPC Keyword Strategies Can Boost Your Marketing ROI?
Even though PPC and SEO are two sides of the same “digital marketing,” coin, most people believe that they work in opposition to each other. Well, if that were the case, why would most Kelowna SEO companies offer both PPC and SEO services in one package? Isn’t it something worth wondering?
As a matter of fact, with a well-thought PPC and SEO collaboration, it is possible to obtain some excellent insights, results and learnings that neither SEO nor PPC can achieve on its own.
Remember, instead of isolating both services, aligning them with the help of a white-label SEO company can improve the overall performance of your digital marketing.
To help you grasp the concept of aligning PPC and SEO together, we have equipped this blog with necessary details, including –
- Benefits of aligning PPC and SEO together
- Six effective ways PPC and SEO can work together to boost the marketing ROI
So, let’s begin!
Why PPC and SEO, and not PPC Vs. SEO?
SEO and PPC Agency Canada know that SEO and PPC are not at odds. Instead, they complement each other. Hence, digital marketing firms prioritize both strategies for digital success.
To create a healthy digital marketing strategy, it is imperative that you focus on both paid and organic search to produce excellent SEO and PPC strategies. Such a hybrid marketing approach features each channel’s unique qualities, thereby generating value for the visitors and advertisers.
The budget you decide to allocate for each of these strategies will depend upon your organizational capabilities, goals and the ongoing season (for instance, you may require paying more on paid marketing during holiday seasons).
When combining PPC and local SEO strategy, prioritizing communication among the team is key to ensuring all the important aspects of both strategies are taken care of to create the magic.
The top three benefits of aligning SEO and PPC include the following –
If you are wondering why to align SEO and PPC together, you must know that both SEO and PPC teams at SEO agencies in Canada have an almost similar objective. With a more synergistic approach by aligning SEO and PPC, the experts are capable of yielding your brand benefits like –
1- Optimize your digital marketing budget
Not every company is capable of maintaining a huge budget for PPC alone. But oftentimes, far more funding is funnelled into PPC bidding strategies than SEO strategies because it is easy to achieve short-term ROI through paid searches.
Despite that, SEO has the ability to prove an investment that pays off huge dividends down the line. Also, SEO can protect your brand from CPC inflation.
By choosing to combine PPC and SEO link-building strategy, you can easily create efficiencies between your organic and paid efforts.
Here are some tips –
- Avoid wasting your budget on keywords that can win organically.
- Also, organic traffic results in higher-quality leads and conversion. Hence, focus on retaining the ranks that you already have earned and avoid spending on PPC.
- Use your savings on keywords that aren’t performing well instead.
2- Win product categories in both organic and paid search results
By combining both paid and organic search, you can boost your brand’s visibility amongst unique keyword categories.
Both paid and organic channels operate in different ways. For instance, PPC strategies are used to purchase visibility. SEO marketing strategy, on the other hand, helps in earning visibility.
By combining SEO and PPC strategy, you can support your existing strengths and bridge any gaps that might exist.
For instance, if you are launching a new product, the chances of your website having any organic visibility for that product might be low or zero. Consider working on your long-term organic presence with SEO while also strategically bidding on paid terms, ensuring your brand name is getting out and about.
3- Scale content easily and accommodate new opportunities
Combining the best PPC strategies with your SEO efforts can help your organization produce a scalable SEO content marketing strategy that is agile and acclimates to new opportunities. Here are some prime examples –
- Testing and optimization – With search intelligence, you can positively impact various parts of your strategy. For instance, paid efforts can help test messaging, different layouts and approaches one can take to optimize the content. SEO can help identify keywords for the future paid campaign to use, as well as test positioning strategies and creative messaging. Without SEO and PPC combinations, it might take forever to draw such a conclusion.
- Algorithm updates – Even White label SEO providers can sometimes struggle to stay up-to-date with algorithm changes and comprehend how those updates impact the keyword performance. You can use paid search for short-term search terms that have a huge impact due to algorithm updates. This can immensely support organic search strategies, thereby maintaining brand engagement and visibility even during new algorithm changes.
- Competitive Ad copy – With search term opportunity, you can optimize your content as per competitor ad copy. It can assist in determining search terms that competitors aren’t winning from. You can even pay an extra cost per click for such keywords, making them a high priority. In short, combining paid and organic efforts can help you jump on the competition and capitalize on opportunities you must have otherwise missed.
Six ways to improve your marketing ROI by making SEO and PPC work together
1- Eliminate the trap of paid keywords
Even the subtle differences in the keywords can result in them aligning with the wrong intent. You must first comprehend the intent behind each keyword you wish to use so you can eliminate the trap of paid keywords.
SEO service providers have a better understanding of the search intents. Hence, they prioritize SEO and SEM collaboration.
For instance, some brands consider a broad matching term instead of just using a straightforward bidding term. And hence, for advertisers, search engines are just huge modern-day casinos.
To determine a relevant bidding term, you first need to understand whether or not your content delivers the high level of satisfaction that digital users are behind. This is particularly important if you use phrases or words that sound good but have mismatched intent or varying meanings.
2- Leverage your best-performing descriptions and headlines with PPC insights
An ecommerce SEO strategy can take months to deliver measurable results. And if the keywords and phrases weren’t up to the target, then your wait is almost of no use.
Also, if CTR (click-through rates) and engagement rate is low, no matter what your rank on page one is, your efforts are in vain, given CTR has an indirect impact on SEO ranking.
SEM, on the other hand, works exactly the opposite. For will know whether your efforts in advanced PPC strategies are working in just under a few days through low investment. Hence, you are better off using PPC to obtain faster, short-term results. These strategies can further assist in fuelling a larger SEO strategy.
Ensure to test as many ad copies as possible until you obtain data that can support the SEO campaigns.
Test on the basis of things like –
- Keyword angles
- Headlines, description, title tags
- Keywords and topics
- New product messaging
- Landing page variations
Your PPC campaign’s result will unveil every headline’s effect on bounce rate, time on page, clicks, goal completions and other vital engagement signals.
With longer tests, you can determine how certain keywords’ demand change from time to time. This can help set more precise expectations for your SEO Consultants in Canada.
3- Optimize the landing page to yield the benefits of both SEO and PPC
You will only waste your efforts and money if you run paid ads without running landing page tests.
Hence, both SEO and PPC teams must align important assets, that is, the landing pages.
Here are some actions that need to be prioritized –
- If you have a conversion, the nonindexed focused landing page that is built for PPC ads, your main goal must be form completions, live chats, demo requests, inquiries and so on.
- If you are working with CRO and SEO team to generate a new landing page variant based on an intelligent hypothesis, then your goal might be monitoring the results by split-testing these pages.
- If you are working with SEO Outsourcing, Canada, experts to produce a separate asset, which is educational and long-form, then consider focusing on similar topics that you wish to drive organic visibility for.
In short, as a marketer, your goal should be to produce an all-around search engine marketing strategy.
Remember, in the digital marketplace, repeated things get remembered and only remembered things get done.
4- Achieve SERP domination beyond Google
Most typically, marketers are focused on boosting search engine result page (SERP) ranking only on the top gun – Google.
You must know that vertical search engines that focus on certain categories like fashion and travel matter, too. Such search platforms have a clear customer intent benefit. Plus, they have slightly lower competition in the search market space.
It is crucial to use video search engines. And also produce specific content that highlights your product’s benefits, thereby shedding relevant light on them.
Also remember, taking up the first spot on search engines organically is no longer enough. Since Google’s result page is filled with a lot of noise and clutter, you should aim at occupying as much digital real estate as possible.
Here are certain elements that you can focus on to boost your digital real estate occupancy –
- People also ask
- Image packs
- Rick snippets
- Google shopping results
- Localized results
- Video carousels
A smart PPC and SEO collaboration is key to this success.
5- Track the buyer’s journey to unveil hidden keywords
You certainly cannot expect every blog post, keyword, landing page and paid search will successfully convert your digital users into leads. It is time you focus on producing quality content that does more than just lead generation. Your content must educate and nurture your niche audience, too.
When performing keyword research, aim for the searcher’s ultimate goal, which can be further broken into three main intents –
Remember, every stage of buying can be tied to a distinct emotion.
- Problem aware
- Solution aware
- Product aware
- Most aware
As per the buying process, you should consider bucketing your keywords for the PPC and SEO campaigns into –
- Educational –Focuses on resources, guides and tutorials, thereby answering the “what” and “why.”
- Solution –Focuses on the comparison, top, reviews, and best type of content.
- Transactional –Focuses on free trials, demos, pricing, buying, etc.
- Keywords with high tolerable CPC and high conversion rates
- Keywords with the best cost per acquisition
- Profitable keywords
- Keywords that generate vital pipeline value
- Keywords with longest LTV customers and so on.
If possible, avoid focusing on educational keywords; instead, prioritize solution and transactional.
Lastly, work with your PPC Kelowna team on aspects like –
And this is where the greatest PPC and SEO magic happens.
6- Employ audience insights to clarify and test the messages
Besides helping obtain instant results, PPC Victoria can help in conducting tests against various interests and demographics.
PPC experts analyse specifics like –
- Household income
- Lifestyle and interests
The best thing about such precise targeting is that it helps in testing product and brand-specific messages against various interest groups and demographics. In fact, many SEO outsourcing agencies claim they have mastered the art of personalization using segments like website traffic, page visits, etc.
The unique wealth of knowledge gained from PPC campaigns also better informs the SEO expert company to better strategize using hidden long-tailed keywords and target audience segments.
Remember, there is nothing like Paid Vs Organic search. It has always been paid and organic search. Instead of considering PPC and SEO as competitors, it is time you start considering them as partners to revolutionize your digital marketing performance for good.
When combined together strategically, SEO and PPC strategies can help drive leads and conversion while ensuring customer loyalty.
2023 is all about taking a holistic and customer-first marketing approach. With paid search, you can boost recall, reach and visibility. Organic insights, on the other hand, can help in comprehending the potential customers in-depth.
Consider speaking with the experts at SEO Resellers Canada and let our experts combine SEO and PPC advertising strategies to catapult your brand’s profit, visibility and ROI for the better!